Friday, May 13, 2011

First Words

The first word I spoke is allah. I probably don't know the meaning of this word yet. I just picked it up from hearing a lot of "oh allah". And I still say it in an elongated manner: allaaaah. I starting uttering distinguishable words around 10 months. By 13 months, the words I can say are:
  1. Allah
  2. baba. Variation: abba.
  3. maa.
  4. Dudhu (milk).
  5. na na. (no no). One of my most favorite words.
  6. ball (more like bal). Variation: balla. This is my most favorite word. Anything round is ball.
  7. ta ta (bye)
  8. kaak (crow). All birds are kaak.
  9. light (pronounce: laait). All lights are light. As well as all fans either ceiling or stand ones!
  10. Phul (flower. pronounce: uul).
  11. daadu (grandmother, daddies mom)
  12. naanu (grandmother, mommies mom)
  13. dada (grandfather)
  14. chuul (hair)
  15. hagu (poop)
  16. kholo (open). Variation: khollo.
  17. dhol
  18. dey (give). Variation: de de, dao.
  19. pata (leave)
  20. baabu (baby)
  21. aunty
  22. apu (older sister)
  23. Liza (the maid). Variations: lida, ei liza, ei lida
  24. bani (bunny)
  25. kola (banana). Variations: kolla, kola kola kola
  26. aay (come). Variations: aay aay
  27. gari (car)
  28. koi? (where?)
  29. kay? (who?)
  30. kakun (cartoon)
  31. juta (shoe)
  32. alu (potato).
  33. aam (mango)
  34. jhal (hot)
  35. daat (teeth)
  36. pet (belly)
  37. halo. Variations: aalo, aloo
  38. nai (not there/finished). Variations: nai nai
  39. angur (grape)
  40. appel (apple)
  41. boi (book). Variations: bui
There are a dozen or more words I can say, but I (my dad) can't remember now.

No comments:

Post a Comment